Thursday, March 31, 2011

Blogger Takes Own Advice, Flaunts It

I was inspired by a recent post by the Paperback Bookworm.  As easily the most avid reader of my blog, I took my own St. Patrick’s Day advice and read a Maeve Binchy book for the first time since probably 2002.  I chose her novel Echoes based on a quick overview of the plot and the fact that it was $7 less than the other Binchy contender I considered on barnesandnoble.com  Don’t judge the Bookworm.
Echoes is everything I love about Binchy’s books.  I love her character development and sweet stories.  I love that in my head I can hear the Irish accent, but there are no annoying spellings of “favourite.”  I want to comment on the ending, but that could alienate my dear readers. 
A great read that I can’t lend to anybody since I read it on the Nook iPad app (sorry Most Frequent Reader, Mom).

No comments:

Post a Comment