Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Reader/Blogger Reaches a Crossroads

So here I am, in between books and not particularly excited about anything in my To Read pile.  I can say with some measure of confidence that the world is not waiting with bated breath for my selection, but I try to tell myself to enjoy it.  Once I become the Black Eyed Peas of reading, I’m sure I will long for the days of being anonymous.  Of being able to walk World’s Best Dog Norman without makeup on.  Worse, I’ll probably have to listen to lectures from my publicist about showering on Sundays.
So needless to say, it is nice to be able to choose my next book without all the pressure.  I’m even considering my first paperless book on the iPad.  I think now is a good time, before have the weight of a company like Apple on my shoulders, just waiting to hear my review of the experience.  All those jobs.  And Steve Jobs.  Yeah, I guess I better try it now.

No comments:

Post a Comment