Wednesday, July 31, 2013

Lots of Italics in This Post to Represent Disbelief


This weekend I went to the beach with family and friends.  A tent had to be pitched on the beach.  That’s right, we are those people now, apparently.    And even though one of our friends put together a tent, this is of course what happened:



So very little reading was done.  Luckily I have a bunch of free time on weeknights from 9:45-10:15pm and during that time I read the awesome One Thousand White Women by Jim Fergus. 

I loved this book.  I have never heard about the group of white women that were sent off as brides to Native Americans to “civilize the savages.”  This novel was based on a true historical event, but it was a fictitious story.  It read like the real thing though.  Wow, was it good.  If you like reading, being interested in things, happiness, and especially reading, you will like this book. 

If you like things that are cute, babies, love, happiness or things that loosely tie to book blogs you will like this:


9 comments:

  1. Your darling little girl is just what I needed to put a smile on my face for the whole day. She looks so happy - and so do you by the way! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree she is a good way to start the day! Thanks for sticking with me, Barbara!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I literally have been looking for a new book for weeks, and I think this one sounds like just the thing! And Jane is darling! Can never have too many pictures of preciousness.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nikki - I think this one is a winner! let me know what you think.... hope you guys are doing well!

      Delete
    2. So I've been neglecting my family and household responsibilities to read this book. I love it!!! The problem is, I'm almost done! Going to have a big book hangover after this one!!

      Delete
    3. I knew you would like it! Housework is for the birds, anyway....

      Delete
  4. Love the pic of Jane with the prescription meds!
    Keep it up Worm!

    - Phill

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Phill, that is an extremely high end and expensive toy. Nothing but the best for our Jane.

      Delete
  5. Reading this now and I love it so far! Perfect for a rainy day.

    ReplyDelete