Sunday, March 13, 2011

A Ringing Endorsement for Vacations & Reading

We got back from our Caribbean vacation on a Wednesday night.  That Thursday, I was at the office until 4 a.m. (That is a 19 hour workday, faithful readers and slave labor attorneys out there.)  Sadly, no one pitied the girl with the splotchy tan whose nose was just starting to peel.  We had a big presentation on Friday, and I was the perfect overnight victim.
Whenever I have a particularly stressful week at work – or when I have just spent thousands of dollars on a Caribbean vacation – I usually don’t make extensive weekend plans other than dinner.  I mean, a girl’s gotta eat.  So what better way to spend my weekend back than reading a great book and snuggling with the World’s Best Dog, Norman.

For Reference: World's Best Dog Norman

Fortunately my “To Read” pile served me well.  I cannot stop thinking about Room by Emma Donoghue.  I don’t usually remember my dreams – and I really hate hearing about other people’s dreams unless I am in them.  (Blogs make people honest.) But I am pretty sure this book gave me nightmares.  Ok, that doesn’t sound like a ringing endorsement.  The book was chilling that is the perfect word for it.  So creative, so unique.  An unforgettable read that is leading me to just plain ramble.




To summarize the key points of this post in no particular order:
1.       Allison works very hard and should not feel guilty about a few days in the tropics.
2.       Room is an absolute must-read.

1 comment:

  1. A book that gives you that kind of reaction is one that you will likely remember years from now. I haven't read Room yet but I've heard it is fantastic.

    ReplyDelete