Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Reading the Grays Away

There are certain activities that are made for readers.  Flying, going to the DMV, and of course – the salon. 
Sadly, I spend more time (and money) in the salon than I used to, due to a bad genetic draw that has this 30 year-old sprouting gray hairs.  No, not glamorous silky silver hair.  Kinky, coarse gray hair. 
Luckily I have a salon close to my house that is open on no-shower Sundays, so I can practically roll out of bed and flop into the chair.  My stylist regales me with stories about who she is dating and what band they are from.  I pretend to have heard of these bands.  She knows I am pretending.
This week she mentioned that she wants to go back to school and study English, then get a masters in creative writing.  Readers, this stylist is not interested in the musings of a certain Paperback Bookworm.
As my color set, I settled into my favorite part of pampering – the excuse to spend 45 minutes with a good book.  Unfortunately this book had to be plugged in with the hair dryers – the ebook is losing points all over the place.

No comments:

Post a Comment