Friday, August 3, 2012

Bookworm Confession: A Damn Big One (Note to Self: Stop Swearing Soon)


Dearest Readership, I have a confession to make – I have been reading behind your backs.  Yes, it’s true.  Here is my current reading list in different stages of completion:

Baby Care Book came
from Mother-in-Law
in cutest wrapping paper ever
  •        What to Expect When You're Expecting by Heidi Murkoff and Sharon Mazel (cheesy, but informative)
  •        Mayo Clinic Guide to a Healthy Pregnancy (I am practically a doctor now)
  •        The Baby Care Book: A Complete Guide from Birth to 12 Months Old by Dr. Jeremy Friedman and Dr. Norman Saunders (still relatively clueless about how to keep a baby alive) 

That’s right, The Bookworm is having a Baby Bookworm in January 2013.  More immediately, The Bookworm (henceforth referred to as “I”) is taking lots of naps during ideal reading opportunities.

One of Loyal Blog Follower Katherine’s first questions upon hearing the news (notably followed by a relatively horrified “on PURPOSE?!?!”) was about whether this blog would turn into a “Mom Blog.”  This was asked with a certain level of distaste.  No need to worry, this blog is committed to books and vaguely book-related topics.  Mom Blogs have such a wide audience, I worry about becoming too popular and over-exposed.  This underground blog allows me to continue my “normal” lifestyle and I wouldn’t have it any other way.


To maintain normalcy, Blog Reader Susan suggested I continue to
post gratuitous pictures of World's Best Dog Norman.


6 comments:

  1. Congratulations! You may have less reading time after January's big event, but you'll have a baby in return. Unfortunately, you may have a very jealous Norman for a while too, or he may appoint himself "Protector of the Small Child."

    ReplyDelete
  2. Barbara, you have summarized all of my concerns at once :) But we are very excited and thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats! Enjoy those naps and don't feel bad about less reading and blogging, I went on a complete hiatus when I was pregnant lol, its all good :)

    -Kate the Book Buff
    Recent Post: Holy Backlash Batman! Hunger Games Just got REAL!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Kaitlyn. For now I am making the most of every lazy moment I can get!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats!!!! Dennis was complaining that I hadn't told you congrats myself yet, but i hadn't seen a formal blog announcement. So now, CONGRATS!!!! You'll fit books and baby (and the worlds best dog) together seamlessly!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. aww thanks! hopefully we'll raise a little bookworm. Look for guest posts in 10 years.

    ReplyDelete