Thursday, August 16, 2012

Riches in the Form of Books Poured All Over Mama Bookworm


I love my blog readers.  It’s likely because I know almost all of them personally (though I have branched out a bit thank you Loyal Reader Debbie).

This week’s success story comes from Dedicated Reader & Former Co-Worker & Current Brooklyn Dweller Courtney.  She has gifted my unborn child an incredible book… about books. 

It’s a Book by Lane Smith puts these digital times in perspective by describing what a book truly is – and more specifically, what it is not.  True, it has a bit more swearing than the average kids book, but that’s because the character unfamiliar with this idea of  “books” is a jackass both literally and figuratively.  This book nails me both in hobby and personality.  Well played, Courtney.  A sincere and barely public thank you.


This packaging made me feel famous

I’d also like to thank Longtime Loyal Reader & Receiver of Grief Lane for sending me two lovely and beautiful books for my fetus before the news was even public.  In fact, Top Reader Katherine used a photo op of this occasion to announce to our entire office that I was pregnant.  Another win for social media, friendship and what can only be categorized as minor hazing.



This photo announced my pregnancy to about 150 of my closest co-workers.
Most commented on the chicken salad I was about to eat for lunch, which was indeed delicious.


Bookworm cannot contain excitement about presents.
Especially when those presents are books!

PS The formatting issues in this post are due to Blogspot, who truly brought a Delta Airlines performance to the table tonight.


2 comments:

  1. Now I feel famous!

    And my bad, probably should have checked for curse words...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Courtney this fabulous book has a clever swearing loophole. I mean, the main character is a jackass. If he had been cast as an owl, then I couldn't teach my young the proper swearing terms at an early age as already planned.

      Delete