Friday, August 10, 2012

Starts Off With Long List Of Dislikes, But Ends Up Positive


I don’t like hiking, exercising, sweating, or lifting heavy things.  I know that makes me sound pretty lazy and unhealthy, but I do all the dishes in our household (Every.  Single.  One.) and eat a lot of fruit.  That’s the best I can do. 

So I can’t really relate to Cheryl Strayed’s true story Wild about hiking the Pacific Crest Trail.  I am not sure what would lure someone to walk hundreds and hundreds of miles in knowingly uncomfortable situations.  I prefer a vacation with museums and frequent beer stops (sigh).

Despite not relating to this pretty crazy woman, I enjoyed her story of bravery and brought-upon-herself hardship.  Like Cheryl, I too was tired of it by the end and could understand wanting to sit and relax on the rocking chairs on the beautiful deck at the Crater Lake Lodge.  I am Pro-Rocking-Chair Sitting as an activity.
Enjoying rocking chairs at The Crater Lake Lodge with my grandparents, circa 1993.
I believe my t-shirt has a dog on either a skateboard or a surfboard on the back.


Special thanks to Potential Blog Reader Paige for recommending and lending me this book.  An additional thank you to Paige (and perhaps apology?) for doing a bunch of my work this week.  I can’t think of a better combo than lightening my workload and then lending me a good book.  And then for Misty and Kerri to get another gold medal.  Winning all over the place this week.

Crater Lake is truly unbelievable.  I want to see it again with as little walking as possible.
Doing what I do best - sitting - with my brother The Goat.



1 comment: