Sunday, March 27, 2011

Blogger Prepares for Busy Weeks Ahead – By Getting Hammered & Reading

I’ve had an intense few weeks at work, and was thrilled by the news that there would be no quality time in the office this weekend.  Especially since in the next few weeks I’ll be traveling a bunch and likely working around the clock.  So how did I enjoy this final weekend to prep myself for the busy time ahead?  Well shoot, I blew the surprise in the title.
Saturday night was spent enjoying a delicious dinner and then some local watering holes.  I would say we overindulged.  By about 3 hours.  Therefore Sunday has thus far been spent complaining about said overindulgence, and a delicate combination of reading and napping.  And watching the last 3 minutes of NCAA tournament games.
Some folks may not enjoy a good read with a throbbing headache, but I find it no more painful than watching whatever movie is showing on FX.  Plus, it makes me feel slightly more productive.  (A feeling that my as yet unwalked dog would certainly say is undeserved.) 
So while I probably should have stocked up my To Read pile for the long flights ahead in April, I killed a bunch of brain cells instead.  But not enough to watch the FX Sunday movie marathon.

No comments:

Post a Comment