Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Bookworm Confessions

I think all readers secretly wish they could write a book.  When I was in college, I thought it would be hilarious to write a coffee table book called Book of the Obvious.  It would include a truly captivating list of commonly used phrases like “I hate Mondays” or “It’s raining.”  I can say with confidence that this is the worst, most boring book idea I have ever heard.  I am pretty sure I dropped the project before filling even one measly page in Word.  Apparently the plan was to have the illustrator do a lot of the heavy lifting.
Needless to say, I pity the poor editor that will have to turn these rambling blogs into a cohesive, interesting and readable narrative.  But I’m sure they will get a generous cut of my riches.

No comments:

Post a Comment