Tuesday, July 17, 2012

The Best Thing That Ever Happened to this Blog Happened Today


This morning I got a monumental email.  (Mom, it wasn’t the one you sent me about a new mattress, but thanks for that.)

I have copied and pasted it here in its un-lying and totally true entirety – I am star struck.

I wanted to comment on your blog site but the darn thing wouldn't accept my URL. I also am not certain of your name, so please forgive the no-heading.

I just wanted to thank you for your great review! Thank you! I am so happy that you enjoyed the book. :)

A big hug from Forest, Virginia.
Kathleen (Grissom)

Yes, this actually happened.  I love that my new friend Kathleen got a dig in at the crappy site blogspot, and that we agree that it sucks.  I am pretty sure there is an undertone here of respect for our mutual art of writing.

Kathleen, I am Allison.  Let’s get together sometime – perhaps with Ken Follett if he is available?– and talk about smart literary stuff. 

My day can and will go downhill from here.

4 comments:

  1. Oh my gracious! I'm so excited for you!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. refreshing to see a successful comment! Thanks Nat :) Read this book - I know it is on your To Read list...

    ReplyDelete