Sunday, April 3, 2011

Grumpy Blogger Fumes on Internet, (Almost) Gets Over It

It’s a beautiful Sunday and I am grumpy.  After what should have been a simple 30 minute conference call this morning ran over by TWO HOURS I started a mental list of grievances in “woe is me” fashion.  I will spare you this unentertaining and I-don’t-appreciate-how-good-I-have-it list, dear readership.  But please note that the list ranges from missing my cousin’s wedding right before he leaves for Afghanistan to the irritating location of a birdhouse in our backyard.  Perhaps I spent too much time crafting this list.
On my to do list was a trip to Barnes & Noble but due to said mood, it was an in-and-out trip that resulted in a book for a friend, and nothing for the Bookworm herself.  Unheard of.  I was grateful that the courteous employees and shoppers at B&N let me shop and grump in peace, despite being one of the hottest book bloggers within a 5 mile radius of this location.  There were no awkward confrontations about why a children’s book was my only purchase or interrogations about my next read.
I knew the quickest way to get over my grumpiness was to quickly finish my errands, and enjoy my beautiful backyard on a beautiful day.  So that is what World’s Best Dog Norman and I are doing.  I blog, he rolls in bird crap.  Which perhaps deserves just one more minute of grumpiness.
In case there were any questions about how I look when blogging grumpily in the backyard.

No comments:

Post a Comment