Sunday, April 10, 2011

Blogger Parties Toddler-Style

Saturday night we attended a friends’ birthday party.  These friends (and non-blog readers) have always enjoyed throwing fun parties in their enormous backyard.  But last night’s party was the beginning of a new era.  An era of strollers, squeaky toys and sippy cups.  The people I have met so many times in a fierce game of beer pong were now invited to bring their mini-me kids along since the host has a newborn.  Oh how times have changed.
The experience was a stark comparison to my quiet Sunday morning at home finishing the other short stories in Breakfast at Tiffany’s.  A Diamond Guitar was my favorite story – I think Capote must just have an expertise in prison stories.  I like his knack for a surprise ending, much like we had at the party last night.
We left by 10 pm, and slept like babies.

No comments:

Post a Comment