Monday, April 11, 2011

Bookworm Aims to be Decent Wife; Succeeds

Once spring hits, Sundays have a steady rhythm at our house.  Usually you will find my husband gardening, me reading a book on the deck and yelling at him to take his shirt off, and World’s Best Dog Norman doing security checks around the premises.  Due to our hectic work schedules this week, I wanted to spend some Quality Time with the hubs, so I decided to help out with the gardening this week in lieu of a relaxing afternoon read.
After I volunteered, Andrew told me I had just pulled “landscaping duty” and assigned me to weed pulling, while he dug up tree stumps FROM THE ALLEY.  Yes, the man even gardens our alley.  Apparently we are growing pumpkins and sunflowers back there.  I hope our garbage men appreciate it.
I’m pretty sure I did a few hours of weeding at the beginning of the season last year, then quickly learned my lesson and realized I belonged on the deck chairs, not in the flower beds.  I think that the next weekend I’m home I will focus my efforts on fetching beers and complimenting Andrew’s successes rather than steal any of his thunder by beautifying the garden myself. 
I mean honestly, how would I feel if he started an unsuccessful book blog?

No comments:

Post a Comment