Monday, April 4, 2011

Kate, Don’t Read This Blog Until After Your Shower

Actually Kate, I am pretty convinced you aren’t reading these at all.  And despite the fact that you approved the name “Paperback Bookworm” it seems that you are not getting the residual teasing that come with it.  Quite the convenient relationship you are having with this blog…
Back to the matter at hand – books.  My best friend / college roommate Kate is preggo with a baby boy, and is having a baby shower in her home state of Indiana.  I LOVE it when people ask for books as part of their showers.  And though Pat the Bunny certainly has its audience, I almost always go for a personal favorite – a book that I can actually remember liking.
Though it is really meant for a little kid and not a baby, I absolutely love Alexander and the Terrible, Horrible, No Good, Very Bad Day by Judith Viorst.  (This time it was a particularly worthy choice since I had a case of the grumps when I bought it.)  It’s so sweet to hear what makes a day disastrous for a little kid.  Isn’t it tough to be 7? 
Just wait til Alexander becomes a book blogger.  Then he’ll know tough. 

No comments:

Post a Comment