Tuesday, April 12, 2011

This is Something That Actually Happened

Brace yourselves, readers. 
Just when I was a bit bummed about my recent stats, the following crazy thing happened.  This is an actual quote, just to ensure I am getting the facts straight: “(Friend) told me you have a blog about books- is this rumor true?   (Aforementioned Friend) was hammered when he told so I’m confirming with you now- HAHA!”
So, to summarize, one of my friends told another of my friends that I am writing a book blog.  In the advertising business, we call this Word of Mouth.  Companies pay big bucks for this kind of thing.  So what you may think is idle bar gossip is actually the start of my Empire.
And then it got better.
Through this interaction it came up that Somebody I Don’t Know is interested in reading my blog because of a business selling eBooks that she started.  Now to be fair, this Somebody has not seen my content, and therefore any interest in it could easily wane upon reading. 
Unless in some rare twist of fate, this business’ target is my Mother.  In which case, this is the business opportunity of a lifetime.

1 comment:

  1. Is your mom a lurker? My mom reads my blog every post but NEVER comments on it. If she didn't do guest reviews for me once in a while, I think every one would believe that she doesn't know the blog exists.

    ReplyDelete