Thursday, April 28, 2011

Blogger Kills Two Birds, Uses But One Stone

Is this a blog about childrens’ books?  Lately, the answer is a resounding yes.  On Saturday my  Infamous Friend Who Prefers This Blog to Facebook is having a baby sprinkle.  I have never heard of this, but it is apparently a celebration for baby #2.  It’s a dumb name, but I agree with the idea in spirit, so I headed to Barnes & Noble yesterday to get this baby bookworm a bedtime story.
I picked out a few, which I won’t spoil on this blog (yet).  One however is from the Frances series by Russell Hoban.  I love these books, and they always make me think of My #1 Reader Who Can Literally Quote Content Kiley.
Kiley and I were not cool in high school.  Which is probably why we have cool jobs now (zing!)  Just kidding, Kiley is a barely paid intern. But since she just graduated from vet school she will have a cool job soon – if you call removing dog testicles a cool job, which she does.  Anyway, I digress. 
Kiley and I solidified our nerdom my participating in Forensics, which is speech competition.  Kiley did storytelling, and told the story of Bread and Jam for Frances, and I can still sing her intro word for word which is remarkable considering I don’t remember the names of most of my teachers.  So I will always associate her with the Frances series, starring a rodent I can’t identify.
I love it when a trip to Barnes & Noble lines up with a request (nay, a demand) that I blog about a Demanding But Faithful Reader.

This is Kiley and me at her wedding in June '08 - approximately 10 years after I told her to be a vet and she finally listened.


No comments:

Post a Comment