Monday, May 2, 2011

Bookworm’s Lack of Culinary Skills Repeatedly Mentioned for Some Reason

March by Geraldine Brooks had a recipe for success.  I loved two of Brooks’ other books (People of the Book and Year of Wonders).  Plus, this book was the back story of Mr. March, the father in one of my favorite childhood books Little Women.  Oh how I loved that book, and Louisa May Alcott’s follow-ups Little Men and Jo's Boys.
But like most of my recipes, this didn’t quite turn out as expected.  I mean, I really enjoyed the book, but I think my expectations were too high.  Again, like my cooking.  I though this was going to be the best book ever – or I guess to maintain the analogy the best casserole ever cooked ? – but it was just a good, solid B+.  Which ain’t bad. 
And some of my cooking is really, really bad.

No comments:

Post a Comment