Sunday, May 15, 2011

Epic Sunday Walk Results in Snoozing Dog & Breaking Book News

Two things happened on my Super Sized Sunday Walk with World’s Best Dog Norman:

<>
Worn Out Dog Post-Walk

1.       Ladies fawned over my little mutt and suggested that we breed Normans.  This is often suggested, but is unfortunately a scientific impossibility.  What I should do is hire Norman out to stroll the ‘hood with single guys looking to meet ladyfriends.
2.       I saw that my neighborhood library is closed for renovations.  This is an exciting development in the Life of a Bookworm.


I have always been a big library user, which stemmed from my parents requiring us to visit the bookmobile when it came to our neighborhood every Tuesday.  That plan could have backfired big time, but somehow it didn’t.  Even my brother makes an effort to read a book each and every year.

When I lived in Chicago, I was a frequent visitor to the Lincoln Park Public Library, even though I lived one block from a big, beautiful multi-level Borders where I did more damage than my salary really could handle.  But since I have lived in Richmond, I have only been to my neighborhood library once – to get a library card.  There was nothing appealing about the place, which it looks like they have noticed. 
The website doesn’t say when the renovations will be finished AND their blog has no entries – off to a rough start, Belmont.
The Belmont Branch Library misses the 70s.


2 comments:

  1. Follow this RPL blog. It is kept mostly up-to-date with some occasional renovation information: http://richmondpl.blogspot.com/

    You can also follow the library system on facebook: www.facebook.com/richmondpubliclibrary

    It sounds like the Belmont Library should open again in September sometime.

    ReplyDelete