Friday, May 20, 2011

Flying Private = Bonding Time with Co-Workers & Jim Beam

Private planes likely make you think of caviar, champagne, and Fergie singing “G-L-A-M-O-R-O-U-S.”  It makes me think of cold chicken fingers and not reading.
This week I flew to Philadelphia for the day with colleagues to visit clients.  This is notable because it is the only flying situation I can think of when I don’t even bring a book.  You read that right.  Flying private means NO airport security lines, NO waiting and NO leg room (the first two items being more notable).  As I sat knee-to-knee across from a Co-Worker Who Has Never Heard Of This Blog, I realized how awkward it would be to pull out a big honkin’ novel and dive in.  No way, let’s talk about business stuff.
Flying private sounds glamorous thanks to Fergie Ferg, and it is from a convenience stand point.  But when you are actually in that tuna can in the sky eating snacks that are better served hot and playing footsie with your co-workers it’s really more funny than anything.  Especially after two plastic bottles of Jim Beam.

No comments:

Post a Comment