Sunday, May 8, 2011

Mom / Breakfast Meats / Reading / Please Become a Follower, Natalie

In honor of Mothers Day, I stuffed myself silly like any good daughter.  What better way to celebrate my Beloved Mom than going to my Grandparents’ country club and eating an omelet, an obscene portion of breakfast meats, fruit, a salad and for dessert – pasta in tomato cream sauce.  Not only did I celebrate my Mom by eating a huge brunch, but she then returned the favor and sent me home with a BBQ dinner ready to go.  The woman knows how to show love through the all important stomach.
Which brings me to my latest read, book two in the Hunger Games series – Catching Fire by Suzanne Collins.  I can already see that I could be making my infamous Twilight mistake by reading these all at once, but once I commit to a book series I am all in.  I still like this series, and boy are they quick reads.  Ideal for a blogger with a full time job and drinking schedule to attend to.
To make this even more interesting for my readership, I borrowed this book via the Nook from my Friend and Occasional Reader Who Hasn’t Signed Up As a Follower But That’s Okay Natalie.  It was very easy to accept the eBook, but you only have 14 days to finish it.  Of course I finished it in about four, but not everyone has the pressures of blog readership to keep them going.  An excuse I wish I could also apply to the amount of pork products I consumed this afternoon.

No comments:

Post a Comment