Thursday, May 5, 2011

Bookworm Reads Like a Teenager; Maintains Job & Beer Drinking Schedule

I read The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins in less than 48 hours.  And mind you, this is while working full time and even having a friend over one night to kick back a few beers on the patio.  (Yes, it was on a Monday.)
This book was apparently written for teenagers, which makes me want to get braces and be an awkward teen again.  (Ok, that was a convenient analogy.  The Bookworm never had braces, but you get my point.)  The Hunger Games is awesome, and (obviously) a quick and exciting read.  I am late in my ravings, since it is already being made into a movie, and Blog Readers Natalie and Erin have recommended this book to me multiple times.  Key lesson: listen to friends who love books.
The other night my Mom told me all the books I was lending her were depressing.  So I told her The Hunger Games was next on the list.  “It’s about kids killing other kids for food!”  Somehow that didn’t sell her. I guess if she wants to go back to teen reading it will have to be Judy Blume.  Or in her case, Nancy Drew.

No comments:

Post a Comment