Sunday, May 22, 2011

Readership Gets Increasingly Demanding of Beloved Bookworm

My #1 Blog Reader (other than my Mom) was in town to visit this weekend, and gave me some constructive blog criticism which I readily accepted.  After the scathing reviews I have been known to give books, I should be able to take a little advice as well.  Sure, I don’t expect people to pay $13.95 to read this in paperback or $24.95 for the hardback edition but I am still committed to my no longer plummeting(!) readership.
Someone Who Doesn't Have a Blog But Is Full of Advice & World's Best Dog Norman
Her advice: more pictures.  Therefore included in today’s blog is a photo of #1 Blog Reader and World’s Best Dog Norman.  I am taking this advice seriously, and not pushing back with arguments like “reading is not exactly a photogenic activity” or “where’s your blog, Mrs. Perfect”?  That’s just not my style.
Back to reading.  Here are the three books I lent to #1 Reader, since she always gives them back to me when she is finished:
·         Round Ireland with a Fridge by Tony Hawks.  This is rapidly becoming one of my lent books and you are probably sick of hearing me write about it, loyal readers.
·         Empress Orchid by Anchee Min.  I think this book was based on the true story of a girl who went from poverty to the Empress of China.  I like books about Asian royalty – the opulence, interesting traditions and creepy food are fascinating.
·         On Hitler's Mountain: Overcoming the Legacy of a Nazi Childhood by Irmgard A. Hunt.  You know I love a good memoir.  This one is about a girl whose parents were Nazis and she was brought up on the mountain where Hitler’s headquarters were located.  Very interesting (and true) story.
#1 Blog Reader, I hope you enjoy these books. Even though there aren’t pictures in them.

No comments:

Post a Comment