Wednesday, May 4, 2011

There’s Nothing Funny About the Holocaust

Much like my Mom’s now famous advice “don’t wait until you need a dress to buy a dress” I feel the same way about stocking my Not As Famous As It Wants To Be To Read pile.  (Sponsorship still available, prices plummeting.)  Nothing’s worse than the dreaded airport bookstore, where you are forced to pay full price for a hardcover book you could have gotten as a paperback at the used bookstore.
(Notable exception: I purchased A Thousand Splendid Suns by Khaled Hosseini LAX and it was: 1. A wonderful read and makes My Ultimate Favorites List 2. Worth every seemingly-overpriced penny for the hardback book.  Best cross-country coach flight ever.)
So today I invested in my future by using up the last few dollars from my Christmas Barnes & Noble haul and bought a couple of books there, as well as another promising read on half.com.  When I went to checkout, I wondered if I was the only person out there on a shopping spree that includes both a memoir from the Holocaust and another from a comedian.  An unusual combination sure, but I have a feeling that after reading the former I will be in need of reading the latter. 
Don’t judge me Barnes & Noble.  You and your overly frequent minute-by-minute shipping updates.  Paperback Bookworm© Blog sponsorships available.

No comments:

Post a Comment