Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Employee of the Month Award Already Not Likely; Only Third Day of Month

Yesterday was just too beautiful to be in a cubicle.  Lucky for me, our second floor air conditioner needed its annual dose of Freon (I don’t know what that is but I have a feeling it is poison for the planet) so I got to slip home midday to let a man climb onto my roof.  And since it was a rare slow day at work, I sat outside with my laptop, Blackberry, a book and my trusty guard dog who was in no mood to have strange men crawling on his house.
Susan works diligently; I photograph
Let’s just say that reading a chapter of an awesome book in the middle of a gorgeous day destroys a productive afternoon. I was so engrossed that I didn’t eat enough lunch which also contributed to my downward spiral.  After 2 months of relentless workload, letting me breathe for an afternoon may be a mistake, trusty employer.  Going back to the office was not easy.  Thank goodness for the third floor patio and Trusty Co-Worker and Unlikely Blog Reader Susan.
You may be asking yourself, is it a wise choice professionally to comment on a less than perfect employee day? To quote my friend Katherine when speaking of my blog “Thank God nobody reads that thing!”

No comments:

Post a Comment