Thursday, June 30, 2011

I’m Sorry Jenny, Your Books Are Too Smart For Me

I read 104 pages of Chuck Klosterman’s Sex, Drugs and Cocoa Puffs and still have no idea what it is about.  I understand he is talking about pop culture in a sarcastic way which I appreciate, but he is being a bit overly academic for my taste.  And damn has that guy watched a lot of TV.  He openly admitted to seeing every episode of The Real World “at least” three times.  If this guy wasn’t busy writing books that make me feel like an idiot I would feel sorry for him.
This book feels like a cross between a BS liberal arts class (I can say that – I have a liberal arts degree) and People Magazine.  I can really only follow the People parts, and am going to swallow my pride and put this in the “return to friend who clearly thinks I am smarter than I am” pile.  Sadly, there are at least two books there.  For the record, there are zero books in the “I’m too smart for this crap!” pile.

2 comments:

  1. I also read Sex, Drugs and Cocoa Puffs after a smart friend recommended it. Chuck Klosterman was irritating to me. He's such a whiner with such a rotten attitude about things. I don't think it's too smart for us though. I just don't care enough about what Chuck thinks, I guess.

    ReplyDelete