Saturday, June 4, 2011

Tina Fey Wins at Life; Bookworm a Distant Second (If Only Two Parties Are Racing)

This week, I took a day trip to NYC and read a book by one of my favorite New Yorkers – Tina Fey.  Her new book Bossypants is awesomely hilarious and entertaining.  I have been a fan of Saturday Night Live since high school, and can even admit to owning SNL Trivial Pursuit, which I know makes me very cool.  Therefore it is no surprise that I would purchase and fall in love with this book which made me laugh out loud.
Now I will highlight the parallels in Tina’s life and mine:
·         Tina: Went to the University of Virginia.  Me:  From Virginia, but likely not smart enough to attend UVA.  But I was smart enough not to apply and find out.
·         Tina:  Moved to Chicago after college.  ME TOO! 
My Tina Fey impression is not as good as her Sarah Palin.
·         Tina: Was a member of the famous and cool Second City Theater improv troupe.  Me:  Was a non-contributing member of an unsuccessful college sketch comedy group.
·         Tina:  Stars in and produces an Emmy Award winning TV show.  Me: Is a cog in a machine that makes TV commercials.  We are both in “the business.”
·         Tina:  Defined Geek Chic with her librarian glasses look.  Me:  Convinced my mom and an optometrist at the mall that I needed glasses in ’01 because I got headaches from reading.  I do not need glasses.  I think I was either reading in the dark or hungover.  Tricked you again, science!
So far, Tina is beating me in life.  But I have perfect vision – so I can see she is beating me.  I bet she doesn’t even know.

No comments:

Post a Comment