Monday, June 6, 2011

A Clever Scheme to Avoid Grumpiness, Prolong Marriage

In honor of Andrew and my two year wedding anniversary today, I’d like to blog about the only book we’ve ever read – okay listened to – together.  This weekend we finally finished Ken Follett’s A Dangerous Fortune, an audio book we purchased right after Christmas to listen to on the scenic drive back home from Andrew’s parents in Pittsburgh.  Also, that drive is not scenic at all.  It is all highway, punctured with a few mountain views most notable for their lack of radio stations.
But Follett never disappoints, and what could have been a pretty grumpy ride home in inclement weather was a ride full of mystery, intrigue and still the not-so-good weather.  Follett was a perfect choice for us, since I think he is one of few authors that appeals to almost everyone.  I cannot even imagine how his brain comes up with such complex and interesting stories – I think he is a genius.  I highly recommend this book as a great read or listen.  I’m not sure how we’ll ever face I-68 through Frostburg, Maryland again without a British man doing 77 different voices.
This is how we felt after finishing our audiobook.  And also on our wedding day.
Love you, Andrew!  (You better be reading this blog.)

No comments:

Post a Comment