Sunday, June 12, 2011

You Can Never Be Too Prepared To Lay Around and Do Nothing

A week from today I am going to the Outer Banks for a week, so this weekend I did some prepping. In my world this includes but is not limited to:
·         Buying new flip flops since mine are basically held together by a string the width of dental floss.
·         Replacing the shower curtain liner so the house sitter thinks that we are super clean people who definitely have our act together.  We need her 100% focused on snuggling our dog and not scared for her life in our bathroom.
·         Successfully convincing husband to purchase a second bathing suit.  Coming off of a two year campaign to buy a new pair of jeans, this second victory should inspire wives everywhere.  Don’t give up – you can do it!
·         Casually suggesting (repeatedly, but not too often) that we select our audio book for the car.  This item is still outstanding. 
·         Selecting good books for the trip.  I purchased a few last week from Amazon, and my mom is bringing a couple down as well, so hopefully I’ll have some winners.  I am 100% confident in the pineapple margarita cupcakes she is bringing and 95% confident in the books. 
The real winner in my weeklong beach reading vacation is my blog audience.  I am doing this for you guys.  Both of you.
Picture taken in Duck, NC Aug '10.  Guy in red is Blog Mocker Dave.
This is where I will be thinking of nothing but how to please my blog
readership by regaling them with beach reading tales.

No comments:

Post a Comment