Friday, June 17, 2011

Bookworm Confessions – Baseball Edition

Somehow this has become a blog that is mostly about books but sometimes about Pirates baseball.  I have written about those loveable losers not just once but twice, and now again today.  I think I owe my readers an explanation.
On Andrew’s last birthday I got him the MLB package so he could watch his beloved “Bucs” at home.  It’s just like living in the Greatest City of All Time Pittsburgh!  (His words, not mine.)  So lately when I have been trying to transport myself to, say, the African bush – I am constantly distracted by the Pirates game that is on in the background.  So don’t be alarmed if I start referring to books as a “homerun” or “walk to first base.”
Andrew is as good at growing carrots
as the Pirates are at playing baseball.

No comments:

Post a Comment