Monday, June 20, 2011

You'll Never Get This Two Minutes Back, Reader

I just ignored 3 meeting invites. That's right people - I'm on vacation.

Our drive down yesterday was a literary adventure. Due to technical difficulties, we drove the first hour without an audiobook to secure family peace and cooperation. Luckily this bookworm "discovered" the game of Scrabble I had downloaded to my iPad months ago.

In Andrew's world, the only thing worse than playing Scrabble is listening to the narrative of me Playing Scrabble. (Though for the record, my first play was S-H-U-T-T-L-E. That's 7 letters for a whopping 76 points. With stories like this I should have a million followers and win any available Wife Of The Year awards.)

So Andrew promptly tried not one but two gas stations to get us a set of earbuds we could share and listen to our soft spoken narrator. (Who I know would be impressed with my Scrabble prowess!)

Note to friends: if I ever comment on any dips in blog audience, please remind me of the soon-to-be-infamous "Scrabble Posting." I think we can all agree that a new low has been reached. My book editor has quite the task ahead!

2 comments:

  1. I love this post.
    Might be one of my all time faves given the pure Allison-ness oozing from it

    ReplyDelete