Thursday, June 16, 2011

Bookworm Wields Power, Insults Pirates Baseball Twice

A book blogger has immense power.  Here are two ways I can describe the same book.
Sample 1:  When the Lion Feeds by Wilbur Smith is a 500 page book about a man in Africa in the late 1800’s.
Sample 2:  When the Lion Feeds by Wilbur Smith is an epic adventure novel about the rise and fall of one man’s fortune in developing Africa.
See what I did there?  Boy am I clever.
This is a good book, and apparently there are many in this series about the Courtney family.  My husband is really into these books, which made me assume they would be about as interesting as Pirates baseball once .500 is no longer reality (approximately late June).  But honestly, the book was action-packed and had a really great story.  Not like Pirates baseball at all!

No comments:

Post a Comment