Sunday, July 24, 2011

Shipwreck Survivor Goes On To Write Mildly Popular Blog Post Despite Sensational Title

This weekend I went to Virginia Beach to visit my family, while Andrew engaged in the most anti-family activities possible at a bachelor party.
We took a boat out on both Saturday and Sunday.  On Saturday I wondered aloud if I should bring a book, and my brother looked at me as if I had suggested we throw my Mom’s homemade cookies into the ocean.  Therefore, I went bookless and spent the time swimming, sipping Cherry Wheats and SPFing.
On Sunday morning my brother left town so I brought my book onto the boat.  Good thing too, since our boat stalled in the inlet on the way home, right before we made it back to the dock.  We had to be towed back in which was frustrating for everyone except this Bookworm who just read through the ordeal.  My helpfulness astounds even myself sometimes.
If I were a better person, I would have taken photos of the beautiful boat rides to post.  Instead, I am an idiot who jumps into the ocean with my sunglasses on, and as a result is one pair of Ralph Laurens poorer.  The good news is that Bookworm Senior and I had a very successful trip to her local used bookstore, resulting in a towering To Read Pile.
To some, maybe this pile of books is even more scenic than
the dolphin-filled spot where the Chesapeake Bay meets the Atlantic Ocean. 
Probably not though.

No comments:

Post a Comment