Friday, July 22, 2011

Reading Skills Far Outweigh Physical Abilities

Last night I got a recommendation through Good Reads from my sister-in-law Gretchen.  She recommended The Art of Racing in the Rain by Garth Stein due to this Bookworm’s love of reading and of dogs.  (Well specifically, love of World’s Best Dog Norman.)  This is an excellent recommendation, but I have read it.  It was actually a gift from Newest Blog Follower / Cubicle Neighbor / Good Friend of WBD Norman - Lindsay.  She gave it to me for Christmas, and I sped through it.  It was a great story told from the point of view of a dog, and I just loved the ending.
Unlike the ending of the rafting trip pictured here.  Oh boy did that rafting instructor not find this Bookworm talented with an oar.  My physical prowess continues to embarrass and dismay.
My sisters-in-law (Gretchen in front, Meghan in back)
both have a good laugh on the James River.
Bookworm goes on to be verbally abused by rowing instructor.

No comments:

Post a Comment