Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Bookworm Doesn’t Try Very Hard To Seek Truth

After a lazy Independence Day back at home, I finished The Constant Princess by Philippa Gregory.  Gregory is best known for The Other Boleyn Girl, but this storyline came first since it was about Katherine of Aragon (who Anne Boleyn famously booted off the throne).
King Normy Upon His Royal Throne.
If I were to be a British Royal, I prefer the Wearing-Cute-Dresses-To-Canada-Duchess-of-Cambridge brand over the Faking-Love-And-Actually-Fighting-In-Armor kind that Queen Katherine of Aragon lived through in this book.  As of now, no one has really offered me the choice, so Norman remains King of my household, and I have committed to purchasing one lottery ticket (results to be revealed tomorrow).
This book was good, but it was a little longer than it needed to be and not as good as The Other Boleyn Girl.  Supposedly Gregory bases these books on history, but her Boleyn book did not align with the story as told in the Showtime series The Tudors, so I don’t know what really went down.  Surely there is no other way to get historical data other than premium cable and novels, right?  Especially for someone who gets their daily news from People.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment