Monday, July 18, 2011

My Grandparents Are Cool & Have Even Used Twitter

I bought my first audiobook for me all by myself.  I am quickly becoming addicted to listening books in the car, an additional expense that I certainly cannot maintain long term. 
This weekend my audiobook took me to Melrose Place.  Ok, technically it was my Grandparents’ retirement neighborhood in Williamsburg, but the gossip was just as juicy and included just as many insinuating eyebrow raises.  I am 100% in the loop on which widower wants to marry a refusing widow, who lives in separate apartments next door to each other and the fact that my grandparents are getting high marks in the gym for keeping their indoor-pool ready bods in shape!  All of this while chowing down on a four course meal, which included made-to-order eggs and friendly conversation with the omelet bar chef (who is also allowed to use aforementioned pool).  Why my grandparents want to travel to West Africa this year, I’ll never understand.
Needless to say, after this visit I am looking at retiring as soon as possible, which will necessitate that I stop buying audiobooks (and eating, and running the dishwasher, and paying my mortgage and…) 

No comments:

Post a Comment