Thursday, September 1, 2011

Sleep Deprived Blogger Takes Some Liberties With This One

One thing I’ll note about shooting commercials is that it always sounds about a thousand times more glamorous than it really is.  I am on Day 8 in Prague, and that is certainly the case.  I haven’t had more than 5 hours of sleep a night since I got here, and I consider myself a Sleep Enthusiast.
Last night I finished my last meeting at 11 pm and knew I had to be in the lobby by 6 am.  A logical choice would be to get a few hours of much needed shut eye, but this braniac hasn’t really adapted to the time change.  So instead I had one drink with the team to wind down before bed – for some reason we all had Hemingways.
I have no idea why a Hemingway was selected in an Asian-Fusion hotel bar in Eastern Europe, but it was delicious and narrowly fits into this book-themed blog.  I even Googled the recipe for my Surprisingly Attentive August Audience:
2 oz white rum
1/4 oz maraschino liqueur
juice of 1/2 limes
1 oz grapefruit juice
Squeeze lime juice into a shaker, add remaining ingredients and shake briefly with a glassful of crushed ice. Serve in a frosted cocktail glass.

No comments:

Post a Comment