Sunday, September 11, 2011

Clearly Not Up To Usual Bookworm Tricks

I finally saw The Help this weekend with faithful friend and Blog Mocker Erin.  This is a fantastic movie, and is already an all-time favorite.  The movie follows a couple of key rules for making a great film:
1. Find a good book.
2.  Don’t screw it up.
Granted, this is not the only way to make a fabulous movie – Juno is a perfect example of an awesome movie that was not a book first.  Some brilliant screenplay writer came up with naming a dog Bananas, and combining that style of writing genius with a killer soundtrack. Bravo, Juno team.
But I digress.  One of my favorite things about The Help is that it is not only a wonderful story, but is also a consistent catalyst for me to take cheap shots at Blog Follower and Terrible But Actually Improving Reader Lane.  However instead of playing my usual tricks, I am going to admit that Lane was right to make her first novel since college this great story, and reading it in time for the movie was a smart move.  Clearly an afternoon of interchangeably laughing and crying during the movie has scrambled my brain.

No comments:

Post a Comment