Sunday, September 25, 2011

Bad Reading & (Thankfully) One Corn Dog

Since we were headed to a farm in Indiana this weekend, I grabbed a book off the ol’ To Read Pile about the Dust Bowl.  The Worst Hard Time by Timothy Egan is a real snooze fest and rather aptly named.  I realized this by page 21 when I read the line “Barbed wire was invented in 1874…” A few pages later, I challenged Andrew to a game of air hockey on the iPad.  I guess I should have known better since the cover of the book boasts “This is can’t-put-it-down history” – Walter Cronkite.

I found my time in the heartland to be anything but boring.  Unfortunately I was too busy to drop any barbed wire knowledge on anyone, what with attending wedding events and the 109th Versailles (pronounced VER-SALES) Pumpkin Parade.  



Two Best Men Named Andrew, Ryan and a Big Ass Indiana Pumpkin.

Fortunately, 30 seconds after this photo was snapped
Andrew finds an available corn dog.

The Other Andrew wore two different black shoes, which
doesn't really come through in this photo but is worth documenting.

Awww, college buddies.  I chose this classy shot over a sweatier version
where the groom has actually been lifted over the heads of this crew.

Me & my favorite Andrew.

No comments:

Post a Comment