Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Model Employee Promises Questionable Fashion Choices

As an international businesswoman, I think I proved my responsibility best when I lost my wallet while on production in Prague.  There is some debate internally about how this actually went down, but all agree that the dance floor of a gay boat bar docked on the Vltava River played an essential role.  Take it from me, you do NOT want to see what this place looks like in the morning.  Let’s just say I was grateful that they ran out of ice and that I selected to drink room temperature Pilsner Urquell.
The scenario outlined above resulted in me enjoying (a term used in the most sarcastic sense possible) some morning reading time at the DMV while getting a replacement license.
There is nowhere on the planet where you need a book more than the DMV – this includes airports/airplanes, beach vacations, grey hair tackling at the salon, etc.  Interestingly, there is never anyone else reading a book while they sit in the worst waiting environment of all time.  Most people prefer to look at their phones or stare into space.  Luckily I had a good book so after an hour of waiting and then having a mug shot-type photo taken, I was out the door $10 lighter. 
The next time I find myself on a boat bar in Eastern Europe, I will be sporting my fanny pack that actually sits beneath the waist line of my jeans, and I’d prefer to hear no comments about that choice.
Boy do I feel confident that all of my money and identification documents are right here with me.
And what a delicious room temperature canned beer they serve at this establishment!

No comments:

Post a Comment