Sunday, September 18, 2011

First (And Possibly Last) Mention of Cardamom In This Blog

Hey audience, you know what’s great to read?  In a word, blogs.
I support fellow bloggers and tend to read those written by people I know, but I’ve stumbled on a few randoms I enjoy as well.  I recently discovered a blog by Blog Follower & Co-Worker Wormfood33.  Her blog, The Dinner Club, even inspired me to cook this weekend.  A frightening prospect that went surprisingly well.
This is my first attempt at serving.
Seconds later I douse this plate with delicious sauce.
One of my favorite dishes at a local restaurant in my college town (yes, my roommates and I did a thorough ranking during our final months in Bloomington) was Butter Chicken at Shanti, an Indian restaurant. We loved to eat this dish on cold winter nights because it is the ultimate comfort food.  When I saw the rave review on The Dinner Club I knew I had to give it a try.  The recipe looked pretty easy and had a lot less butter than you’d guess by the name.  Don’t worry, the high quantity of cream made up for it.
The result was Sunday night success, and a very happy husband who had two (large, but I am not judging) helpings.  If I make it 100 more times, I think the investment in Cardamom will even out.

No comments:

Post a Comment