Tuesday, September 13, 2011

New Season, New Sports Teams to Mock

I just finished an adorable little book called An Irish Country Doctor by Patrick Taylor.  This book was recommended to me by Amazon.com which is now 2/2 on book recommendations and close to becoming one of my closest book friends.  That is not sad, that is just good happy computer science.
I decided to take Amazon’s advice on this one because I love Maeve Binchy books and assume that all Irish authors know each other.  Is that racist?  I don’t think so.  Unless Amazon and I start making fun of the Irish over beers, which we’d never do since we are always discussing award winning literature.  Nevertheless, the book did remind me a bit of a simplified Binchy story.  It had a few of the same tenets, including a whoopsie pregnancy – always pivotal in her novels – and very clear cut good guys versus crummy guys.  
Read this book, but don’t make fun of the Irish.  Unless you are talking about Notre Dame and their dorky throwback helmets with the shamrock – those Irish are fair game.


No comments:

Post a Comment