Saturday, October 29, 2011

Ironically This Bookworm Criticizes a Long Title – I Mean Really, Doesn’t This Blog Boast the Longest Titles Of All? Awkward!

I just finished a delightful little book called The Crowning Glory of Calla Lilly Ponder by Rebecca Wells, which was recommended to me my Book Friend / Real Friend Natalie as a guaranteed way to get out of a book rut. She was able to deliver this information by commenting on this very blog. It happens, people!

She was right. Besides the rather embarrassing mouthful of a title, I thought this book had many of the elements of a good read – great story, just the right amount of tears and closure at the end. I remember liking Well’s Ya Ya books many years ago, but for some reason never returned to that…Well(s). Wow, that was truly awful. Sorry reader.

This is the perfect book for my friend Erin who Doesn’t-Have-3-Minutes-A-Week to dedicate to reading the book blog of one of her best friends. Luckily that blogging friend still lent her this book last night and was kind enough not to point out how many three minute increments said friend has spent watching the Fast and the Furious movies – even those (and I assume there are some) that went directly to DVD.

1 comment:

  1. I really enjoyed this post...to be clear, I'll never read any of these books but the friendly jabs are well worth 1-3 minutes of my day.

    ReplyDelete