Friday, August 5, 2011

Friend Makes Departing Promise

Natalie, "may the odds be ever in your favor."
Book jokes!
photo credit: Lucky
It’s a sad day for any reader when they learn a book friend is moving.  Loyal Blog Reader Natalie is leaving Richmond for an exciting new life in Nashville. 
When losing a Book Friend, you may go through a rollercoaster of emotions.  Like panic – I thought we had plans to see The Hunger Games movie in March 2012?!  Or, do you think I’ll get my books back?  (Like South of Broad: A Novel by Pat Conroy which is a good read but as I’ve said it’s no The Prince of Tides.)
Maybe you’ll feel a sudden flood of honesty.  Natalie, I didn’t love The Zookeepers Wife by Diana Ackerman as much as you did.  I mean, it’s a good story but it started off too slow and it dragged a little!
All in all, you should focus on the good times.  Remember when you had to get up at 9 am on a Sunday to lend me an eBook on your Nook?  Ah, the good old days.
I am now gunning for Words With Friends Rival and Blog Reader Courtney to go see The Hunger Games with me in March.  Natalie, I hope you can join us.  Even if you cannot make the trip back, I will hold you to your promise of recruiting new blog followers.  Good luck making friends after that recommendation!


No comments:

Post a Comment