Monday, August 1, 2011

Blogger Makes Excuses; Forms Numbered List

Early last week, after two busy weekends in a row, Andrew and I had no real plans for this weekend. I envisioned lounging, giving World’s Best Dog Norman belly rubs, and making significant progress on my Big Thick Book. Here are the top 3 reasons that didn’t happen this weekend:

1. Impromptu Goodbye – I spent most of Saturday grocery shopping, food prepping, and preparing my house for a semi-impromptu goodbye party for a friend. It’s amazing when you try to view your own house through someone else’s eyes to get it “ready.” Have we had a tomato-growing box set in our dining room all summer? The answer is yes. Anyway, an evening of good friends, food and casual low stakes dice gambling made it all worth it.

2. Impromptu Birthday – On Sunday, we went out to Goochland for a family afternoon of roast beef, ice cream cake and swimming pool splash festival to celebrate Non-Blog Reader Brian’s birthday. Nothing makes me look better in a bikini that a pre-pool meal of beef and potato salad.

3. Impromptu Photo Session – Despite the lack of reading time, I always find time to take photos like this:
Norman enjoys new rug; looks cool in wayfarers

No comments:

Post a Comment