Friday, August 12, 2011

Reading From the 60s & Being an Idiot

Predictably as a Lady in Advertising, I am a big fan of Mad Men.  So I was super excited to hear from my mom that the show has released a summer reading list, based on the books read by characters in the show, and of course true to the time period.  I am embarrassed to say I have only read two books from the list: Atlas Shrugged by Ayn Rand (an all-time favorite) and The Sound and the Fury by William Faulkner (an all-time least favorite.  Thanks required high school reading!)
And for the record, working in advertising is not all “you’re a genius, Don!” conversations and drinking scotch.  In my experience, it is more likely to be “you’re an idiot, Allison” conversations, and the occasional domestic light beer.


No comments:

Post a Comment