Monday, August 15, 2011

Readers Unite – Has Nothing To Do With Reading

My friends Kristen and Jed are readers.  In fact at their wedding in October, they are giving their favorite books to wedding guests as gifts.   But this bookworm won’t get to see this go down, because another friend (and Blog Follower Jomo) is getting married on the same day.  We are lucky to have so many great friends (and unlucky that they run their Fall Party schedule by us, but not their potential wedding dates).
Since we cannot attend the nuptials of Kristen and Jed, we threw them an engagement party this past weekend, co-hosted with two of Kristen’s college friends.  Here is how I know this party was a success:
1.        We drank all the beer. 
2.       We ate almost every bit of food.
3.       A dude named Tim put his face in the cake.
4.       Jed barfed in my front yard.
5.       The real grown-ups might still think we are classy young folks that have it together since they left before their son chucked it in the bushes.
The only reading I did this weekend was the following of recipes, but it was a weekend well worth it.  And don’t worry, I will be going back to my lame bookwormy lifestyle immediately.
This was taken during the short lived classy part of the evening.

Me and my co-hosts - Logan and Kate. 
These chicks are cool and fun.

I will miss not getting to see this guy at the wedding.
I bet he is a good dancer.

The only picture I took with both Kristen and Jed in it.
Oh look, and Norman!  What a cutie.

No comments:

Post a Comment