Saturday, March 31, 2012

Bookworm Attends First Book Club As Does Magician


I attended my first book club this week.  Andrew has always said I am too bossy to be in such an organization and perhaps our founder who admitted I was “back seat driving” the whole thing can see his point.  But bottom line, Blog Reader Liz did an excellent job hosting, and I think all of the attendees enjoyed discussing Rules of Civility by Amor Towels.  Even those that didn’t read the book. 

One Non-Reader was able to successfully one-up the book talk by performing card tricks he had been learning since Monday.  Every book club should have 10 ladies and one male Brazilian Magician.  You just can’t make this stuff up.  Especially if you are me.

Suggestions for our next title are due this week.  I submitted five before 9:30 AM.  (In the non-advertising world, that’s like getting it done before 8.  Be impressed.)

Book readers bond over meat platters.
Ok, and some veggies.
Seriously, it was an awesome spread.
One of the few things I love more than books is food.
Specifically, meats.
Ladies are captivated by card tricks.
Except Jessica who solved every trick like a genius.

I am visibly - though blearily - tickled by the Resident Magician.
Photo credit & meat plate credit: Blog Reader Liz

No comments:

Post a Comment