Monday, March 5, 2012

Avoiding A Hunger Pun In The Title Is Not Easy


I knew Facebook had hit it big when my Granddad joined (which I think is super cool.  Let’s just hope he has some Botswana check-ins later this month).  Hunger Games mania is officially here – my brother bought the book this weekend while visiting.  

As much as I loved the book and am excited for the movie, I think a bridal shower / wedding theme is a bit far.  Sure, there’s a love story in the book, but it is still essentially about murdering other people for survival.  Not the most romantic How We Met story.

Or the most appetizing.  That’s right – the Hunger Games money train is apparently going full force with a cookbook prominently for sale in my local bookstore this weekend.  This seems like pretty bad idea.  The back-up idea was a book called I Just Want to Make Money But Have No Ideas.  The cookbook won narrowly.

Bandwagon cookbook gets prominent placement at bookstore.
Giada is pissed.


2 comments:

  1. I like the disclaimer at the bottom of the book. Basically..."I ran this idea by Suzanne Collins and Lionsgate, they thought it was stupid and ridiculous, but I said screw it I'm doing it anyways."

    ReplyDelete
  2. Legal copy is strikingly similar to that on our Happy Birthday Jodie t-shirts.

    ReplyDelete