Friday, March 23, 2012

Specific Instructions Include: Do Not Follow Book’s Instructions


A perfect combo for a good book is one that I borrow from my mom and is written by Jodi Picoult.  Enter Sing Me Home, a great book in Picoult’s typical style – tears and complex ethical issues.  A good time for all!

This book was unique from any book I have ever read in that it included a soundtrack.  There were actual songs you could listen to (for free, available on the interwebz) to go with different sections in the book.  The tracks were meant to convey how the characters were feeling, and I thought it was a cool idea since I often listen to music while I read.

I listened to 1.2 of these songs, and can say with certainty that these were the 1.2 worst songs ever created.  I mean, oh boy.  Perhaps my sample size wasn’t big enough, but I couldn’t handle trying any more.  The music was so bad that it actually made the book hard to concentrate on because it felt like hundreds of cats were mewing into my ear buds.  I much prefer songs like Happy Birthday and 99 Bottles of Beer On the Wall to these songs.  Ok, I think I have made myself clear.

Don’t let the auditory description of felines deter you from reading this book sans recommended soundtrack.  Some of us are just dog people!
Book blogger sadly overdue in posting
gratuitous photos of World's Best Dog Norman.
Narrowly finds excuse here.

No comments:

Post a Comment